Wellness integrates Mind, Body and Spirit, with a balanced flow of energy!
What Wellness coaching is NOT?
- Wellness Coaching is NOT Therapy: Coaching focuses on discovering possibilities and envisioning the future rather than resolving problems and revisiting the past.
- Wellness Coaching is NOT Personal Training: We are not going to go to the gym with people, make you do push ups, or even prescribe a fitness routine for the participants.
- Wellness Coaches are NOT dieticians, registered nurses, personal trainers, yoga teachers, therapists, nutritionists, or any other type of wellness expert: They are simply guides and mentors to facilitate a lifestyle that is best suited for the participant.
- A Wellness Coach does NOT tell you what to do or how to live your life: Rather, a wellness coach will assist you in discovering your passions, strengths, dreams, desires, and values with the intention of designing a vision of your best self. A Wellness Coach helps you design a path to achieve outcomes aligned with that
So what is Wellness Coaching???
Wellness coaching is a regular conversation, between a coach and a client that facilitates
movement, discovery, change and growth in the name of the client’s wellness.
A Wellness Coach…encourages personal responsibility, deep thinking, self-discovery and self-efficacy. Coach assists a client to connect the dots between who they are, who they want to be and takes steps to enable them to succeed.
Wellness coaching benefits through:
- Increased positivity
- Enhanced physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- Reduced Stress
- Look youthful
- Become healthier & eat better
- Increase energy
- Increased Productivity
- Quit or reduce addictions – Smoking, sweets, alcohol etc.
- Enhance work-life balance
Wellness coaches give their clients the motivation and tools they need to achieve their physical and emotional health goals. They assist in devising steps-to-take and give encouragement to reach the stated goals, which can vary from
- Losing weight
- Eating healthier
- Reducing stress
- Lessening procrastination
- Enhance productivity & efficiency
How does Happiness@Work..well, work?
Happiness@Work is spread over a minimum of 12 weeks and each session brings focus to:
- Objective evaluation of the current life situation through self-inquiry to maximise performance and potential
- Formulating short term objective to fulfil the long term wellness objectives based on the self-inquiry as per the Identified strengths and weaknesses in each specific life quadrant
- Consider an area of life where the person wants to make a change and why – create a work life balance
- Explore options, challenges, and obstacles to achieve the set agenda
- Set Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely goals – build confidence
- Identify resources that support positive, sustainable change
- Maintain accountability to goals and goal steps – first through working with the coach, then just being accountable to oneself, as the coach ends the time-limited service in 12 sessions
- Learning tools to reprogram old habits and thinking and use the same in daily life for self-motivation
- Importance of self-reward
Weekly or fortnightly 2 – 2½ hour sessions monitor the progress, keeping them on course, encouraging and motivating to stay focused and determined. Course correction (as and when required)
How does Happiness@Work really benefit You as a Corporate
- Improving employees’ health habits
- Enhance partnership between the organization and employees
- Reducing health care costs
- Increasing the employees’ level of physical activity
- Reducing absenteeism
- Improving employee retention
- Improving productivity
After all, a happy employee makes a happy work place!
Coach and mentor:
An acknowledged expert in her field, Sheila Ram Mohan is an internationally Certified Success Coach and Master Spirit Life Coach and has been awarded the honorarium through the International Coaching Federation. She is also a registered NLP-K practitioner.